[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Talk Back/Town Hall Re: Website Changes

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Fri Jul 22 13:26:05 UTC 2016

Tiffany

I have had a chance to read the report now. The RFP (
https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/folderview?id=0BxI4iTO_QojvaVJpa1YtNEcydTg&usp=sharing#
) was referenced by the the SOW (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FP2jDYVU7IpKmxESdAgaM3Xv1Qpkf3729xoCrNjhxTs/edit
) which stated the following would be done:

*The final report would consist of the following:*

   1. *Overview of interview and survey results regarding
   usability/accessibility and workflow inefficiencies *
   2. *Key areas of strengths and weaknesses of existing applications and
   how each meets the needs of OWASP *
   - *Mediawiki*
      - *SalesForce and integrated tools*
      - *Eventbrite, Quickbooks, Paypal, Vertical Response, Survey Monkey,
      Vimeo/Youtube, Citrix, Dropbox, Trello, Social media*
      - *Server hosting *
      - *Code Repository*
      - *Discussion List Tools*
   3. *Top-down priority list of assessment of gaps *
   4. *Recommendations to fill weakness/gaps identified *
   5. *Recommendation for suite of project hosting and lifecycle tools *
   6. *Conclusion of findings *

Many of those agreed outputs don't seem to be in the report. For example,
there is very little about project workflow, or other tools. Or assessment
gaps.

When the RFP was published I considered submitting a response, but apart
from being a volunteer already and thus the possible conflict of interest,
some of these aspects were outside the areas I would have been comfortable
with (e.g. employee processes/systems, Salesforce forms). However the Needs
Assessment Report doesn't cover them either - or many website identified in
the RFP aspects either (e.g. internationalisation, content structure,
audiences, templates, etc). Now I wish I had submitted a response.

Also, a the questions stated above for next week's Facebook and Twitter
chats *only* relate to some simple aspects of the wiki. Most of the RFP's
scope is missing.

Worried, Colin