[Owasp-leaders] Recruiters posting jobs on Meetup?

Tony Turner tony.turner at owasp.org
Fri Jan 29 16:47:46 UTC 2016

I'd be careful here as you could open the door for a lot of recruiter spam.
At one point I was seeing about 95% recruiter emails in pretty substantial
volume, often for competing roles. You might want to poll your membership
and find out how they feel, it tends to vary meetup to meetup for me. From
my stance, I only allow companies recruiting for internal roles. External
recruiters are not welcome to spam us. We get some, but I quickly let them
know the best way to reach our audience is to think about sponsoring a
meeting, come out and talk face to face with our membership.

--
Tony Turner
OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader
tony.turner at owasp.org