[Owasp-leaders] Recruiters posting jobs on Meetup?

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Fri Jan 29 16:41:09 UTC 2016

Paul's guidance is good on this one. We allow local chapters to decide
among themselves how and if job postings are allowed. My personal feeling
is that job networking is one of the many big reasons people join groups
like OWASP.

I have been asked by chapter leaders if they can use a job board as an
incentive for local sponsorship. My leaning on that question is no. A job
board is a service to members and shouldn't be restricted by who gave the
chapter money. However, there are no rules in the handbook as you pointed
out. I would be interested in learning if members feel that this should be
addressed in the leader handbook. Wiki talk pages are a good place to
propose these types of additions.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation