[Owasp-leaders] Recruiters posting jobs on Meetup?

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Fri Jan 29 16:30:00 UTC 2016

Hi Bill:
My first reaction is that any disclaimer or non-commercialization policy
would apply to a recruiter as well as vendors, etc.

I like the idea that an OWASP meetup page can become a destination site via
the posting of a few job openings, especially for the owasp students in
your area.

I'm OK with your chapter or region making a decision to allow such a
posting, as long as a note is also placed on the page about
non-endorsement, etc.  This is one of the 10 rules from the Branding &
Usage guidelines page.  Plus, if a second recruiter asked for the same
opportunity, you would need to allow that, since any exclusivity to
one.....would be inappropriate.
See:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Marketing/Resources#tab=BRAND_GUIDELINES

*OWASP does not endorse or recommend commercial products or services,
allowing our community to remain vendor neutral with the collective wisdom
of the best minds in software security worldwide. *

My thoughts, Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org