[Owasp-leaders] Representing OWASP as a adviser to the South African Justice Department

Christo christo.goosen at owasp.org
Thu Jan 14 11:24:14 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the positive reply and support. Over the weekend and
following week I will put together something formal and a plan going
forward. Until now we haven't made a lot of suggestions to OWASP
projects and material, and this will be my next step. We can suggest
that the government incorporates OWASP material as minimum standards, as
many of the standards in government departments date back to 1996.

Social media awareness will help. So far social media and media
awareness was spearheaded by the EFF (eff.org) and a local affiliation
with the eff (r2k.org.za). We are trying to centralize the efforts of
all the organizations opposing the current drafting on the bill.

If all goes well we will sit on a panel of legal advisers to assist in
the revising of the bill. We will be only a handful of technical
advisers if successful. We have been lucky  to partner with a local
legal advocate Mark Heyink who has some technical background (CISSP).

Will get back to you with some formal stuff soon

CG

--

owasp-cpt-logo

Christo Goosen