[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] New chair of OWASP board & roles

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Thu Jan 14 03:05:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

I want to take a moment to acknowledge Tobias and point out his awesome
work for the Foundation as Chair in 2015.  I'm sure many of you are well
aware that Tobias has been a consistent, fair minded, committed, smart,
even keeled and overall awesome chair for 2015.

You might not know that every week he spent hours working on details
related to finance, taxes, bylaws, operations, planning and handling issues
so that we could continue to build and grow this awesome and deeply needed
community.

In 2015, with his leadership, we made some very significant organizational
strides (Some examples: new Executive Director, new staff and roles,
initiatives to refresh web content, working to enhance project support) and
in many ways we were doing the work to set up to make 2016 and beyond
successful.  We have a lot more to do but we are in a much better place to
do it because of all of his hard work.  Goodness knows pretty much everyone
needs more AppSec!

Thank you Tobias.  Oh - and we're going to continue to need your help so
don't go anywhere!

Matt