[Owasp-leaders] Spanish Translation ASVS

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Jan 13 16:22:40 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew

I'm using
http://www.linguee.es
to verify technical translation of certain terminology. Spanish is my
native language but I hardly use technical terms (we use english)so I do
not know the proper translation of certain technical words in spanish. Like
for example:
forward secrecy ==> secreto-perfecto-hacia-adelante
http://www.linguee.es/espanol-ingles/search?source=auto&query=forward+secrecy

Glib (doing the Ukrainian translation) suggested to use a Glossary and we
definitely need this in order to agree properly regarding the correct
translation of certain technical terminology . I'm quite certain the
spanish grammar so far done has no major issues, however the technical
translations of certain terminology must be verified and agreed.

The automated translation from Crowin works quite well but sometimes is
really crazy ;-P. I correct it where needed and use lingue.es too check the
correct technical terminology

My plan was to create this glossary after I finished the translation and
touch base with you on the best way to proceed.

Other volunteers have also done some work and I have revised their
translation which for most part seems quite well.

After finishing this first draft translation, probably it will require more
revisions to get the document up to a certain quality.

Cheers

Johanna