[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Global AppSec 2017 - Call for Proposlas
laura.grau at owasp.org
Thu Jan 7 19:05:58 UTC 2016
OWASP encourages any community member interested in hosting a
* Global Conference* to submit a proposal.
The dates of each OWASP Global AppSec conference
vary somewhat each year but ideally the conference is held:
Latin America (this may be a Latam Tour instead)
(this may be an
To bid for a 201
OWASP Global AppSec please complete the OCMS form
http://www.tfaforms.com/301382 with the following information
*before February 29th, 2016.*
1. The proposed city and host chapter.
2. The name of the intended local organizer and his/her team committed
to the task for 201
along with a brief explanation on why the conference committee wants
to organize an OWASP Global AppSec.
3. Previous conferences or local/regional events experience of the
4. The intended dates for the conference. (Typically includes 2 days
of pre-conference training, followed by 2 days of conference talks).
5. Venue recommendations. If possible, assurance that the following
will be available:
- Green room, storage room, breakout rooms, etc.
- A large auditorium. Other lecture rooms near the main auditorium.
- Projection facilities in all rooms up to modern standards.
- A suitable mixing space near the rooms for registration, breaks and
- A hall near the rooms for sponsor exhibitions.
- If possible, attach a tentative floor plan design.
6. Budget. Please use the form on google docs
(Since many of the categories of expenses are optional, consider this
a check list. You can add as many items as you want and you do not
need to fill in every box if you do not want it to be included in your
7. Possible "big name" speakers in AppSec who might be plenary
speakers with low travel costs.
8. Any other relevant information.
By submitting an application, you are already demonstrating your commitment
to OWASP. Hosting a conference requires both a commitment and a great deal
of responsibility. A lot of time, energy and effort are needed during the
proposing, planning and implementing phases of hosting a conference. For
more information see the How to Host a Conference page.
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_to_Host_a_Conference We really
appreciate every proposal we receive. The selection process that will be
made by the OWASP operations team.
*Application submission begins January 1st. The deadline for
applications is February 29th. Applicants will be notified by March 18th.*
Should you have any questions concerning the proposal process or need
assistance with you application, please do not hesitate to contact me
We are looking forward to your proposals!
*Global Conference Manager*
*laura.grau at owasp.org* <laura.grau at owasp.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders