[Owasp-leaders] Shall we fix projects together?

Timo Goosen timo.goosen at owasp.org
Thu Jan 7 08:12:47 UTC 2016

Sorry for my late reply to this but I agree with Andy.

What Liam said also makes sense.

But what we do need is two things:
1.) Way to incentivise existing good security projects to become associated
with OWASP.
2.) Way to demote projects completely that are no longer active or
maintained or promoting practices that are no longer regarded as secure for
example implementing certain crypto ciphers that are outdated etc.
3.) Minimum requirement for projects.

We do need to reduce red tape, but we need more governance. Also needs to
be some sense of accountability.