[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA 2016 - CFP and CFT is now OPEN

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Mon Feb 29 14:14:15 UTC 2016

Abraham, the OWTF project has roughly $1800 in funds allocated to it.
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheets/d/11acTOmtmBGq6-5CIGsjlEByU8POSGqda0r23VNnhEGQ/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&output=html#
If you would like to use those funds, or a portion of them, to support your
travel to give a talk on your project, or otherwise work on or promote your
project, the money is available to you.

We do have a Community Engagement funding program that would provide
assistance, if needed, to support travel and expenses related to other
project outreach or work.  There are a couple of restrictions that, while
not overwhelming, do state that primary funding would be deducted from the
chapter/project budget and that Community Engagement funds are not to be
used by speakers to attend OWASP conferences.  Funding also needs to be
approved in advance.  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Funding

It is possible to ask the conference chair if they would be able to assist
with travel.  This availability of funds for speaker travel is usually very
limited if available at all.  Also, if there is a project summit at the
event, it may be possible to get travel assistance through the summit
budget.  For the project summit budget, I would need to defer to my
colleagues about the availability of funds.

We have a travel system at the Foundation level where you can book your
flights and have OWASP pay for them directly, or you can submit for
reimbursement.
https://docs.google.com/a/macros/owasp.org/exec?service=AKfycbwj9fKbczdHq2-B5YrgWjBZ1tpjo3d5sSjaEduzcg

Average time for reimbursement is 10-14 days.

Kate Hartmann

--

Kate Hartmann
kate.hartmann at owasp.org