[Owasp-leaders] AppSec USA 2016 - CFP and CFT is now OPEN

Abraham Aranguren abraham.aranguren at owasp.org
Mon Feb 29 13:31:27 UTC 2016

I completely discarded submitting anything to appsec USA (and did not
submit to appsec EU for the same reason) as soon as I read the following
(which is quite clear imho):

"Unfortunately we cannot cover travel expenses or costs for
accommodations." - https://2016.appsecusa.org/call-for-papers/

Are you saying that this is not the case?

Yes, I know that as a project leader, I get a free pass. But still, if I
had a talk that was accepted, would you fly me over from Europe plus pay
for accommodation or do I have to pay for all that out of my own pocket?
right now the page says "your problem" :).

"Covered expenses" is the first thing I personally look for before I
consider to submit to any conference, with few exceptions. Obviously, many
other speakers think the same way, no surprise to anybody I suppose :)

Abraham Aranguren

OWASP OWTF Project Leader

*http://owtf.org <http://owtf.org>*
https://twitter.com/owtfp