[Owasp-leaders] Proposal for changing OWASP Documentation

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Feb 17 04:59:43 UTC 2016

Hey Jim, no one has implied to delete the wiki .

Just to provide these documentation projects an opportunity to start moving
their content and make it more cohesive and sharing.

The wiki is the actual OWASP portal so before there is a full replacement
it will take some years.

But as people work on more cohesive , collaborative way and managing
content wise with Github markdown as proposed by Gary, I believe that you
can take out a lot of redundant content and automatically, this will become
'obsolete'. A lot of the possibilities of exporting content and
collaboration are much better with Github markdown (such as transforming
content automatically to other formats or reusing it). We start over on the
Github.

We are planning to do the same with the Project's portal as the content has
become unmanageable and not so user friendly. It does not support many of
our necessary processes.

 Like the legacy app, you can't just get rid off it from one day to another
but it requires a transformation and migration ;-).

Hope this clarifies the purpose and goal.

Cheers

Johanna