[Owasp-leaders] OWASP _Project_ press releases

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sat Feb 13 02:33:16 UTC 2016

HI All,

We have been talking about PR releases, I just created one for OWASP ZSC,
which we are working on to push a new kind of project on owasp:

(feel free to comment on it)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OepZMZjVgtWF0EN7CkPBQtDwwm1N0z-RLDAnZ5sCAh8/edit?usp=sharing

Target audience: People willing to learn shell code and understand exploits

@Paul: PR Newswire provides a complete services to make PR releases much
easier and have higher chances to get the PR published

I have also added this to the proposal (as it seems to be a lot of interest
for this service among leaders):

Request to obtain a PR Newswire or similar service account for PR releases

Projects need a way to promote their accomplishments, one way to achieve
this is through PR releases.As part of the incentives, we would like to
request a budget for having access to these kind of services which we
believe will help leaders promote their projects, but also, it will help
spread the word regarding OWASP as an active organization the field of
security. This service will provide access to a huge database of resources
such as journalist and media channels: http://www.prnewswire.com
Example: PRnewswire account/per year: EUR 1,500 for non-profit organisations
http://www.prnewswire.com/products-services/overview/

Cheers

Johanna