[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Bug Hunting at OWASP.org

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Fri Feb 12 05:52:08 UTC 2016

I think this also comes down to the infrastructure transformation that I've
asked Matt T to get ready for us since our last F2F at AppSec USA. We need
to simplify our IT fleet, and really get it behind a proper enterprise
architecture, rather than a rag tag collection of out of date stuff that we
inherit. We only have so much Matt T time to maintain this stuff, and so
pen testing it without also addressing the root cause: we have no idea
where all our stuff is, who has admin, how it authenticates, we don't
monitor it for attacks, and we don't have an IR plan and we run around with
our hands in the air when drama hits Twitter more than than normal.

I want a transformation plan, where we have only one of everything, and all
the things we have is well managed and monitored. This will reduce our IT
costs, and be better aligned with the resources we currently allocate to
this task.

This is not rocket science.

thanks,
Andrew