[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Bug Hunting at OWASP.org

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Thu Feb 11 17:13:35 UTC 2016

Post mortem of fixes would be nice to have and a wall of thank you should
be established yes?

*draft*
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP/Bug_Bounty

Tom Brennan
Global Board of Directors
(d) 973-506-9304

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org
<javascript:;>> wrote:
> Right, but two OWASP researchers posted live bugs over Twitter today. We
> have to deal with it Kevin. I'd rather we know than not know, sooner than
> later. One of the bugs noted I fixed earlier today.
>
> Knowing is half the battle.
>
> Aloha,
> Jim
>

> On 2/10/16 10:14 PM, Kevin W. Wall wrote:
>
> And to add to Timo's thoughts...if we have an RFP to redo the OWASP site,
if
> we do put out a bug bounty, perhaps we should wait until that effort is
> finished, otherwise we may end up fixing things twice.
>
> -kevin
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Timo Goosen <timo.goosen at owasp.org
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>> "But in the meantime, here are a few resources to report your findings to
>> if you run into security issues (and I use "run into" with intention
because
>> you would never just start actively testing a website for security
without
>> permission in some way, right? Because doing so is a major criminal act
in
>> most countries, right?)"
>> Depends. I've found bugs on sites before, unintentionally just by
clicking
>> around.
>>
>> On the idea of a bug bounty project for OWASP. The idea is good, but I
>> don't think that OWASP has the resources to deal with a bug bounty
program
>> and the flood of reports that will becoming in. Researchers get very
annoyed
>> if you don't respond promptly and take them seriously. Just something to
>> consider.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Timo
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> A few OWASP researchers have found bugs on OWASP's wiki and decided to
>>> disclose them in public over twitter before reporting to OWASP.
>>>
>>> Can you please disclose to me or Matt Tesauro or use the contact form or
>>> do anything other than disclose in public before discussing this with
OWASP

--

Tom Brennan
Global Board of Directors
(d) 973-506-9304

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org

--
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from