[Owasp-leaders] OWASP _Project_ press releases

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Thu Feb 11 16:07:24 UTC 2016

Hi All:

I've done a ton of press releases over the years for orgs like OWASP. I'd
be happy to help do edit or polish as needed.

Usually 2 big issues to keep in mind.
1.  What channel or audience are you planning to go after?
---  Blogs & Social media style releases are more informal, and often carry
an editorial component.
---  The 'old school' press release for the press & print market is often
more structured and follows a common formula.

2.  Buzz words & Catchy title.
---  1000's of announcements go out daily, so getting really good title or
buzz words in the first sentence of the release is often critical to
maximize 'eyeballs' or search engine capture.

Happy to help if needed.
Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director