[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Bug Hunting at OWASP.org

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Feb 11 14:49:09 UTC 2016

Jim

OWASP needs some technical resources urgently, that is clear. This is
getting out of hand.

Outside OWASP community , people expect that we practice what we preach. I
have been seen a trend in here with rants on twitter about Security issues
in OWASP projects and also on the wiki page. They poke fun at us. These
issues were reported back in December.

The fact that we have poor resources to manage this makes OWASP vulnerable.
I should add this to any 'Top risk-list' OWASP projects are working on 😝:
*If your company has no resources to fix the security issues, this
constitute a high risk to your enterprise.*

We are a bunch of security 'experts' peeps preaching security but not
executing it,  we have XSS on the same wiki site where we preach 'XSS'
security.It is really funny when you look at it.

Agree on Timo that a bug hunting wont help fix issues. We need resources,
people working on fixing things.
Agree on Kevin that we need a cohesive approach on this issue and not
 loosely couple actions that leads nowhere.

I think management needs to make this a priority.

Cheers

Johanna