[Owasp-leaders] ANSW from Google regarding submitting projects as under OWASP umbrella or independently

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Feb 9 23:36:57 UTC 2016

Hi Azeddine

All I'm saying is that a project leader has a choice to submit under owasp
OR by as an independent project.

OWASP can also get just 3 slots, if OWASP submits an application as an
Umbrella org  and if there are 6 projects, we will have 3 slots too short.

Under OWASP means that OWASP as an org has to decide how to divided the
slots
On your own, you get what you get and no discussions because you don't need
to share your slots with anyone if you submitted as an independent project

I don't see what is misleading on that. Stephanie from Google even
clarified this.

Again, the project leader has a choice and it depends on what they want.

There are no guarantees that OWASP will be selected this year. There are
absolutely no guarantees on how many slots we could get.
The same applies if you submit on your own.

Thats my point. Any of these options have advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers

Johanna