[Owasp-leaders] Google summer of code applications and chances to be selected

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Feb 9 12:06:30 UTC 2016

>>We could always apply as an umbrella org but we haven't done so since it
would create an administrative overhead for project leaders.

It depends how you see it.

IMHO, A well organised project as ZAP can do it individually and will have
less hassle to share and go through the 'slot' discussion.
As you know, Google provides limited slots and this has always has been a
source of discussions among project leaders of which projects and how many
slots should each project get

I think that if projects self-organise making their own submissions, then
there will be no discussions how many slots will be divided between the
projects if OWASP gets selected as organisation. If that project gets
selected, then he will manage the program itself, as much of the works is
set on mentors.

Also, having a good project idea page per project will allow that project
has better chances to be selected by Google.