[Owasp-leaders] Bug Bounty for Projects

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Apr 18 21:55:55 UTC 2016

Thank you Claudia

@Project leaders:

We are awaiting the final signing of BugCrowd contract and OWASP in order
to provide more info on this part.

@Claudia: In the mean time we can set an FAQ wiki section explaining the
program .

After the official signing, we can go a head a set a webinar to inform
interested project leaders how they can be part of the BugCrowd bounty
program and the requirements (what kind of technical steps they need to
take) to provide hackers/researchers what they need to actually 'hack' and
test their project

Additionally, we can use the GoToTraining Platform and record the session
so leaders can go over the video afterwards if could assist.

The bounty is highly recommended for projects in the 'Defender' category
such as

   - CRSFGuard
   - SeraphimDroid
   - Mod-Security Core Rules
   - Appsensor
   - ESAPI
   - Python Security Library
   - Java Encoder
   - Java Sanitizer

The major goals of these above mentioned projects is to protect (defend)
applications. However, there are some projects like ZAP, that once
installed in a computer, could make machines vulnerable to exploitation if
there are issues found.
Projects such as

   - Ende
   - Benchmark
   - ZAP
   - Dependency Check
   - Xenotix
   - ZSC
   - Any install/exe project

We exclude from this program those obviously vulnerable projects such as
WebGoat

So far I have spoken with CRSFGuard and SeraphimDroid Project leader to
start with these ones. (SeraphimDroid after Gsoc and when ready for this)

CRSFGuard will be the first project I'll be assisting with the Bounty
program.

Hope to have informed you accordingly

Johanna

--