[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Supporter Open Badges

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Fri Apr 15 15:35:29 UTC 2016

Looking into Badges for a bit for another project and love the Open Badges
(Mozilla) http://openbadges.org/  <http://openbadges.org/>effort but I do
not think that today you have the resources on staff to do it yourself, but
there is a commercial solution in the space that we can plug in.

Step #1 we had 280+ votes have been cast and we have a rough consensus for
the "Supporter Logo" survey (link below) that now will give us several
authorized badges for corporate members and individuals to use publicly.
This should help ALL of people and businesses that share our values and
want to promote OWASP's mission

Results:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules/SupportSurvey

Acclaim a Pearson company, is a solution for approx 5k could leverage the
API to the backoffice and pull activity metrics and issue badges allowing
for gamification turnkey and should be considered for phase II of the owasp
website project https://www.youracclaim.com/

So the point is this may help.

@ Alcon (all concerned) as many of you know we have AWARDED a contract to a
3rd party
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI4iTO_QojvY0ItSk56aWY3WXM/view> for the
website redesign/upgrade etc in TWO phases.  If your not clear on the scope
and breadth of this effort watch the video here:
https://youtu.be/L_YzLLRyMVw taped at this weeks meeting in NYC Chapter
meeting by the project leader OR have a listen or read this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI4iTO_QojvY0ItSk56aWY3WXM/view
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI4iTO_QojvY0ItSk56aWY3WXM/view>

The best part is we are DOING THINGS at OWASP this year many
accomplishments and many more coming if you are a fan of TRELLO check out
what we are using to track many of the tasks here
https://trello.com/invite/b/YWY4pf8I/aadf783c8f32c9a6870ea23011faa6ee/global-board
and participate.

Jazzed up for OWASP this year and inline with my favorite video
https://youtu.be/kvJJDjkVwhM  #TGIF have a great weekend.

Tom Brennan
GPG ID: DC6AA149 | Fingerprint: 12A6 9978 45BB 1562 C921  B228 BD0F D9C6
DC6A A

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org
Tel:  (m) 973-506-9304

Need to book time with me to discuss an existing or a future project click
on my virtual calendar http://www.proactiverisk.com/brennan

--
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from