[Owasp-leaders] TEST

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Oct 9 14:18:29 UTC 2015

Thank you for managing the list-serve sysop ack.

Considering OWASP has only 2335 members and 47 members companies (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tu2MAdu1xNq8RTaqHWMSb_0qM_OE6aaVgKB54q_fQIs/htmlview?pli=1)  the list data point is very interesting to me and likely others in the community.

So your saying that 49,817 are unique emails on mailing lists so the community has grown 5k since the OWASP annual report was published stating 44k - on page 2 (https://www.owasp.org/images/7/7e/2014_OWASP_Annual_Report_Final.pdf) and potentially impressive if we can gain insights on growth areas answering why and what.

Can you provide a Top 20 most subscribed list of the 839 lists to celebrate them and attract even more discussion to hot community topics? This page lacks the counts perhaps they are exposed elsewhere?

If we are still using Barracuda technology in barter to monitor email OWASP could also obtain top posters by email address yes?  This helps with one measurement of counts on community member activities

I like data it tells stories and provides insights.  Considering your listserve stat numbers would not take into consideration the 13k observers with other tools like Meetup http://owasp.meetup.com , FB, LinkedIn, etc. it would suggest even a larger demographic of potential participants

Interesting data points look forward to the insight

Tom Brennan
973-506-9304