[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Project and Chapter Funding Proposal

Tin Zaw tin.zaw at owasp.org
Fri Oct 9 00:23:47 UTC 2015

I am happy to see we are getting somewhere with this discussion. The goal
is for chapters and projects to be active and to move OWASP mission
forward. Budgets and allocated funds are one way of doing it. Budget
guidelines should be to encourage leaders to reach that goal without the
mothership asserting controls. In principle, I am supportive of chapters
doing budgets as it forces us to think where we are spending, but not in
favor of the mothership arbitrarily making rules about budgeting. I think
we are pretty close to that balance.

Cheers!

--
Tin Zaw, CISSP