[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Election

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Wed Oct 7 21:14:18 UTC 2015

On 07/10/15 21:57, Nigel.Phair wrote:
> So, is this an appropriate time to say please vote for me... :)

I guess it is, Nigel. ;-)

For those of you who are still not sure, here again the link to the
three interviews:
- with Abbas, Michael and Jonathan
https://soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/owasp-board-interview-abbas-naderi-michael-coates-jonathan-carter
- with Bill and Josh
https://soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/owasp-board-interview-bil-corry-and-josh-sokol
- with Milton, Tom and myself (Tobias)
https://
<https://soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/owasp-board-interview-milton-smith-tobias-gondrom-tom-brannen>soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/owasp-board-interview-milton-smith-tobias-gondrom-tom-brannen
<https://soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/owasp-board-interview-milton-smith-tobias-gondrom-tom-brannen>

Best, Tobias

Ps.: I'll not make a big speech on behalf of myself. But a few words
asking for your support:
The last years, I've been working hard to serve our OWASP community and
the last two years serving with our board team and bringing us forward.
We had some good and some challenging times. But in the end we come out
very strong today. Of course, not everything is perfect, but I think we
made some very good progress towards a better and stronger OWASP, more
active chapters around the world, better projects, and strong
conferences as meetings points for our community. If you like, take a
look at the numbers of our annual reports to see how strongly OWASP has
evolved over the years. But of course, numbers are not everything, our
mission and community are so much more.
My approach is very much bottom-up, team-player and seeing OWASP as the
amazing truly global community it is. That means listening. And
understanding that our board is here to _serve_ our community and
fulfilling what the community thinks we should do to achieve our mission.
I know that not everything is perfect and that not all the board work is
so visible, but overall I think we can look back on a lot of hard work
and be proud of good progress over the last two years in my tenure on
the board, together with my dear fellow board members as a team. And I
hope I could earn your trust and support for a second term on the board
as there is more to be done and I like to continue serving our community
as a member of the board team. It would truly by my honour and my
pleasure to continue serving this our amazing community. Thank you.