[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Project and Chapter Funding Proposal

Tony Turner tony.turner at owasp.org
Wed Oct 7 13:45:09 UTC 2015

If you aren't spending money, why do you need it? It's not yours, it's the
Foundations allocated for your chapter or project usage. If funds are not
needed they should be reallocated. Create a multi-year budget if you need
to. Submit additional budget requests if you identify additional needs
later. This concept of money ownership is not conducive to the overall
goals of OWASP. We have a singular mission, executed in many different ways
by many different people but at the end of it all, there's no reason for
anyone to feel they need to stake a claim on "their" funds. If your
objectives at the chapter or project level are being met, why does it
matter how much is sitting in your "account"?