[Owasp-leaders] Post Secondary Institute Study

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Tue Oct 6 12:16:43 UTC 2015

Hi Tom,

We are in the process of redeveloping our contact list from the 100+
Academic Supporters as of 2013. Unfortunately, our membership database did
not preserve lead contacts for these institutions and in most cases we did
not have names attached to these accounts, which makes follow up difficult.

Since one of the benefits of Academic Supporter account is a vote in the
elections, it is helpful to have a name attached to the account. This
person can also serve as a faculty advisor for student chapters should the
institution want to set one up.

When we created a new, detailed Academic Supporter application we forwarded
it to contacts we have in our database who have university addresses.
Unfortunately, as you have noted, so far we have only had ten universities
join/renew as Academic Supporters. It would be great if the contacts that
do respond to your survey could be directed to the Academic Supporter
application so we can have a formal record and acknowledgement of their
participation.

If anyone has a contact at a university that should be in our Academic
Supporter program, please forward them this link:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Academic_Supporter

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation