[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Benchmark project - potential conflict of interest

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at owasp.org
Thu Oct 1 03:03:38 UTC 2015

I would argue that the project is still doing good regardless of which tool
appears to come out on top. Within the industry, the whole issue of trying
to measure the quality of static code analysis tools has long been a
legitimate problem.  Any of the existing "objective comparisons" that are
typically done occur within a pay-to-play system. This project is a step in
the right direction in terms of solving that problem.