[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Project and Chapter Funding Proposal

Zac Fowler zac.fowler at owasp.org
Thu Oct 1 01:29:58 UTC 2015

Good evening!

Can someone elaborate on point number 10 in particular?

> Proposal 10: Accounts with a balance of $5,000 or more as of January 1,
with no proposed budget for spending their funds, will have their account
balance reduced to $500 with the excess being added to the associated
Community Engagement Funding accounts.

I would like to recommend a procedure for communicating with that chapter's
leaders before issuing a $4,500 fine. Also, I'm not sure if $500 is a typo
for $5,000?

Modified suggestion:

>> Proposal 10: Accounts with a balance of $5,000 or more as of January 1,
with no proposed budget for spending their funds, will be contacted by the
OWASP Board directly to review their account balance. The chapter will be
required to create a budget to allocate the funds for the upcoming year.
Unbudgeted funds may be diverted to other project(s), chapter(s), or
Community Engagement Funding accounts if the chapter cannot be contacted.

This is a very rough stab. I do not see why a chapter must lose its earned
money, but perhaps that can be discussed.

Zac Fowler
OWASP Omaha Chapter