[Owasp-leaders] OWASP page on wikipedia is considered for deletion, any volunteers to edit or improve?

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Mon Nov 30 19:27:08 UTC 2015

For what it's worth, the Wikipedia conflict of interest rules are particularly strict. Any board members or staff should not make edits to the OWASP page if you want the changes to stick. Project and chapter leaders may also have a conflict. It's better to make suggested changes in the Talk page and hope someone watching the page picks up the changes. Or if you know a Wikipedian who is not an OWASP leader or staff member, ask them to fix it. Another way to elevate the relevance of the OWASP page is to add it as a link on other related pages. (Which can also be seen as CoI if you aren't at the same time adding useful, properly cited, and vettable information.).

I did a talk for the NYC chapter in March on the right way to edit Wikipedia pages. Joining the WikiProject:Computer Security is also a great way to promote AppSec there.
https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/file/d/0ByZ3H0-PMUGub2I3N0RyZFlfV28/view?usp=docslist_api

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation