[Owasp-leaders] Poor crypto code in OWASP phpsec hurts our reputation

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Nov 25 19:02:28 UTC 2015

>>All they want is to delete the code entirely, which doesn’t make sense to
me at all.

Abbas their point is, that is not responsible to leave this open if no one
is going to document or fix. I don't think is responsible to leave an
insecure library. And Ii did take the time to read the issues they
mentioned.

 You  are the major responsible for your project, not the users that pin
pointed the issues nor they should go and change when they have the opinion
that the entire library does not serve the purpose.

For people who wants to see whole thread can judge by themselves
https://github.com/OWASP/phpsec/issues/108#issuecomment-159699690

I even defend you as volunteer but I have the opinion that we have a
responsibility towards users especially if you have not worked in this
project for more than a year and have no time to fix issues in a security
library.

Even Sven who was a contributor in this project accepted that this library
does not achieve its purpose and should not be available to users, is just
not responsible.

Sometimes we need to kill our darlings...

Btw I'm just a contributor as you are.

Regards

Johanna