[Owasp-leaders] Wassenaar Arrangement 2013 Plenary Agreements Implementation: Intrusion and Surveillance Items

Christian Frichot christian.frichot at owasp.org
Tue May 26 23:28:57 UTC 2015

I've started a brief discussion with OWASP Brisbane's Wade Alcorn,
particularly with regards to BeEF.

I haven't had a chance to fully digest WA, but this is certainly ringing
alarm bells in my mind.

Naively, it would appear to impact/limit work and distribution of things
like web scanners (burp, zap etc), exploit tools (metasploit, beef etc).
This would be a terrible impact on both OSS and the security industries (or
those outside the US without licenses?).

I'm keen to know more..

Regards,

Christian '@xntrik' Frichot
Perth OWASP