[Owasp-leaders] Mozilla Seasponge - a free online threat modelling tool

Mike Goodwin mike.goodwin at owasp.org
Sun May 17 09:47:48 UTC 2015

Hello all,

As it happens, I've been working on a very similar concept to SeaSponge -
an online threat modelling tool that works with client side storage. My
project originally started as a way for me to learn a bit about javascript,
but I was pleased enough with how it worked out to want to take it further.
It has some things in common with SeaSponge from a technical point of view
(angularjs, uses local storage for client side persistence), but there are
some differences also (diagramming library, UX, some architecture
differences). The next big functional step I have planned for the project
is to do a proper threat generation rule engine.

I'd like to turn this into an OWASP project - how does this work? Does it
need some approval? Do I need to write something? Etc?

You can have a look at a working version of the tool as it stands here:

http://babydragon.azurewebsites.net/#/

The source code is currently in a private repo on BitBucket. This is not
because it is intended to be kept private - I want it to be open source and
will make it public if it becomes an OWASP project. It's just private now
because I was a bit embarrassed by the code - remember, it started as an
exercise in learning javascript for me ;o) All the third party js libraries
it uses are open source too.

Best regards,

Mike Goodwin
UK-Newcastle chapter leader