[Owasp-leaders] wiki - project versioning question?

Achim achim at owasp.org
Fri May 15 13:05:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

hmm, copying something which then will be there twice and the ability to change the copy does not make sence.
mediawiki provides a version which always can be seen in the history, so there
is no need to duplicate data which is supposed to be changed later. Note that
mediawiki cannot restrict editors to chnage the copy.
So just makeing a copy of something which mediawiki already provides just for
versioning reason renders the purpose --versioning-- ad absurdum.

I'd recommend not to copy pages which MUST be static in future.

If there is a need to keep older version visible, make a PDF or alike and
place the link in the current page.

Just my 2 pence
Achim