[Owasp-leaders] wiki - project versioning question?

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Fri May 15 08:01:44 UTC 2015

Hey Seba,

A couple of questions for you:

   - How significant are the changes at this version?
   - How important is it for people to have access to the old version?
   - Are you concerned with internal links (ie within the SAMM wiki pages)
   or external links?
   - Will the links change or stay the same (if you overwrite them) ?

If you want people to move from SAMM v1.1 asap and the changes arent
radical then replacing the pages may be fine.

If people will are likely to have assessed their orgs against v1.0 and
there are major differences then maybe you should preserve the old version
and start using wiki pages like
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/SAMM_v1.1-_Strategy_&_Metrics_-_1

The fact that you can refer to the 1.0 pdf makes it easier to justify
overwriting the old content.

But if you decide to keep it then updating the 'old' pages with a comment
and link to the most recent version would probably be well worth doing.

Cheers,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader