[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Final Call for 2016 AppSec Conference Proposals

Azeddine Islam Mennouchi azeddine.mennouchi at owasp.org
Tue Mar 17 11:34:12 UTC 2015

Hello,
Last year we have hosted a two days event here in Algeria as a part of a
bigger Tech event called CallForTech
With both training and confs.
Let me say this even though we did everything on our own here in Algeria I
reached out OWASP lists almost 2 months before the event and I did not
found any speaker willing to come (all expenses paid by us)
At the last minute Enrico Branco OWASP Python Security Project stepped up
and fortunately he got his Visa in no time thanks to an invitation we
provided by our Academic Partner (University here In Constantine Algeria)
African chapter are having a hard time hosting events (due to lack of
budget) and this kind of problem I have faced and a lot of other problems
For example for the Appsec Latam, EU or US Owasp was always willing to pay
expenses for speaker and it is not the case for Africa (I reached a lot of
people about this including Josh) and they all said that OWASP can help
with experience and media reach but not with budget.

This is just based on my experience :) sorry if those are bad facts but it
is the reality and had to be said

Regards Islam,