[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Meetups

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:47:19 UTC 2015

In 2010 we held a Leeds (UK) chapter meeting in Manchester (they're close
in US terms, but not that close in UK terms;).
That was a deliberate test to see if there was an appetite for security
events in Manchester, and as a result of the successful event we started
the Manchester chapter.
So I think it can be a very good idea to have chapter meetings in new
areas, although I would obviously be very wary of one chapter 'encroaching'
on another's area ;)

I'm also in favour of combined events - we've talked about doing that in
the north of England (but not done so yet) and I'm sure this will have been
done in other areas.
I'd say go for it - see how many people turn up. If you expand OWASP's
'reach' then its good. If you dont get as many people as you hoped then
maybe it wasnt such a good idea.

Cheers,

Simon

--