[Owasp-leaders] Profiling as software Open Source organization

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Tue Mar 3 20:09:16 UTC 2015

+1 - I'd also like to see OWASP do more to teach and support with/by
helping groups, organizations, schools, all sizes, all types, etc.integrate
more web application security into full development life cycles, including
design, integrating business models, business issues, planning, testing,
etc. I've been working on researching possible grants and collaborations
for possible similar efforts, too, and would be interested in getting a
group together to explore more possibilities.

OWASP Brooklyn just completed a first meetup in a series on Technology
Transfer: Creating Cultures of Innovation last week and it was very well
received. We had Zach Tudor from SRI present his research on Crossing the
"Valley of Death" in Cybersecurity. Next in the series: The Future of
Technology Transfer is coming up in May where we will "deep dive" into many
additional issues faced by Cybersecurity groups , organizations, etc. We
are planning to "partner" this approach with as much community
pariticpation, outreach, education, training, and "hands on" applied
learning activities as possible, as well.

Bev