[Owasp-leaders] Profiling as software Open Source organization

Timur 'x' Khrotko (owasp) timur at owasp.org
Tue Mar 3 19:37:16 UTC 2015

Great topic!

Quick sidenotes:
-- Some time ago it was stated that OWASP is not to maintain
enterprise-compliant software projects, since the lack of support
capabilities. The other reading of this would be that we may maintain
serious sw projects, but outsource the support, and there can be a scheme
for this.
-- As a reflection to the Google Summer Code 15 failure, I would suggest
that we should force ourselves into a position where some of the
*cool/attractive* appsec related projects on the GitHub will be willing to
belong under the OWASP umbrella. The must be a benefit of bearing the owasp
brand in the name, eg. professional approval and promotion.
-- I would like to see more serious/uptodate instruments that can be used
in dev appsec trainings, so that we use owasp webgoat xyz and not invent
ones, as we do today.

~timur
owasp hu chapter // appsec propagandist
+36309225777, +79217697577, +12318468790
< w <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Hungary>, g
<https://plus.google.com/communities/101439162562517684078>, f
<https://fb.com/owasp.hu>, l <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4692397>, t
<https://twitter.com/owasp_hu>, m <http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-HU/> />

--
This message may contain confidential information - you should handle it
accordingly.