[Owasp-leaders] Google Summer of Code - Ideas and proposals

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Tue Mar 3 17:49:26 UTC 2015

Based on our experience from previous years, I don't think that Google goes
into that much detail, checking the details of the ideas. I think they only
try to see if there's enough interest within the organization, ie if there
is a sufficient number of ideas. Security is a hot topic anyway. I think
that the feedback Mozilla got is the main reason: they decided to reduce
the number of orgs (ie the budget) and then removed those that they thought
would not be harmed (and also likely to resubmit next year)

Kostas