[Owasp-leaders] Google Summer of Code - Ideas and proposals

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Tue Mar 3 11:24:45 UTC 2015

Leaders,

Unfortunately OWASP has not been selected for GSOC 2015. Google has not
provided any justification for this decision which is quite frustrating,
especially since we did nothing different than the previous years and also
had the highest number of ideas ever.

For what it's worth it other high profile organizations that have been
participating in the program for years have been also left out, such as the
Linux Foundation. Nevertheless, we are currently discussing similar
incentives that could be given to students this year in order to encourage
them to contribute to OWASP projects and hopefully we will have more news
on this soon.

Kostas