[Owasp-leaders] Request for OWASP board to approves 100K for a project Summit in 2016

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Tue Jun 30 16:37:32 UTC 2015

Hi Tom, all:

Back in the middle of this thread of 30 emails, I already volunteered and
inserted Claudia into the mix, and she WILL be very actively working with
the Community team on this.

But, lets be clear - This is a  community driven request for $100K to the
Board to propose a fairly significant Project Summit.  Step 1 is for the
community to create the proposal, timeline & value proposition that can be
presented to the Board for approval.

Then, once approved, her role as 'coordinator' will be to assist and
partner with the 'Project Summit Planning Team' on any and all task
required to initiate and complete a successful Project Summit 'with the
planning team'.

To clear up expectations, her role was defined as a 'Coordinator' rather
than a Project manager, so that means that she will be leading some
programs, but major programs like a $100K Project Summit will be led by a
Community driven planning team.

I suggest its time to move this email thread into a teleconference and
working session on building a proposal.

@Claudia & Johanna - can the 2 of you coordinate your schedules and
propose/schedule a teleconference meeting date.
Goal = ID the people willing to do some 'hands on' work to build the
proposal, and plus volunteer on the planning & implementation team.

Thanks, Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org