[Owasp-leaders] Request for OWASP board to approves 100K for a project Summit in 2016

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Jun 29 17:35:11 UTC 2015

>Unsure how to govern this but setting up an empty wiki and not having any
activity for a time after is not a project? Unsure we should fund such
empty vessels :)

No empty vessel, no empty wikis is the motto and has been after the latest
big clean up since 2 years ago. After so many called 'projects' that
were empty(more than 90), we have set as rule that a project must
deliver something based on their road-map, based on the time line provided
by its road-map. We evaluate the project based on the criteria we published
2 years ago  and communicate with the project leader. There is no purpose
or advantage to have an empty wiki or poor content when potential OWASP
users look at your project. We try to focus on a minimum quality because
this goes along with OWASP reputation.

@Mike:
All projects, including incubators have the opportunity to go. Last Summit
KBA-PMP applied to assist the summit @EU, which is an incubator and they
were there , but KBA has been working on its deliverable and are quite
active with meetings and research.
I do not recall you sent me an agenda.

Keep in mind that the Summit is about sharing with other leaders but is
more about getting things done for your own project. So the question is :
What do you want to achieve during those 2 days, what are your targets and
what is your purpose and goals for assisting?

ZAP will not be at this summit so ,(and btw Simon was fully sponsored by
his employer as there are others such Appsensor)
You want to participate  just like anyone:

   - Create an agenda, send it to me
   - I publish it on the Task force mailing list, we evaluate the project.
   I know that already Timo did a quick review.
   - Describe What do you want to get done during this period
   - We evaluate your project to see how far you are regarding the road-map
   and maturity level
   - We evaluate your proposal and based on this you get the opportunity

Budget is tight so first come first served based on the agenda and
deliverable. Your project is quite new (June 2, 2015). So please bear with
us also that the summit budget allocation is based on how much a project
has delivered.

If you have questions, please let us know

regards

Johanna