[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top Ten: Project Activity?

Neil Smithline neil.smithline at owasp.org
Mon Jun 29 11:08:27 UTC 2015

I just noticed this thread. I can answer some of the questions.

- Should we use data from other sources?
IMO, the value of the T10 is that it summarizes the state of web app
security throughout the industry. As such, taking data from multiple
sources is an absolute requirement.

- Why no 2014 or 2015 T10?.
Up to now, the strategy has been to publish a Top-10 every 3 years. I think
this has made sense as the weakness landscape isn't as rapidly changing as
one would like. At least in my mind, that doesn't mean that producing them
sooner doesn't make sense, it just isn't what we've done. My suspicion is
that we can't produce a T10 in time for 2015. Gathering the data from other
sources takes time.

Neil