[Owasp-leaders] From a security point of view: Angular or React?

Kim Carter kim.carter at owasp.org
Sun Jun 28 23:12:56 UTC 2015

I know a banking app using it also. I was hired to architect a plan to
migrate away from the jQuery mess. The application was no longer able to
be reasoned about. After yet another round of evaluations of the biggest
players in the JavaScript MV* lineup, I went with React & Flux. React is
the framework, Flux is the architecture (very similar to CQRS).
Performed another PoC on an area of the existing online banking
application and it worked out well. React with Flux has many benefits
over Angular and most of the other frameworks. All of the DOM
manipulation including the mess many developers get them selves into
with events is taken off of your plate with React.

I've used many of these frameworks and React with Flux trumps them all
if you're developing a significant web application. It takes so much off
of your plate. Allows you to focus on the business problem and less on
plumbing.

Kim Carter

OWASP New Zealand Chapter Leader (Christchurch)

c: +64 274 622 607