[Owasp-leaders] Request for OWASP board to approves 100K for a project Summit in 2016

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Sun Jun 28 13:52:05 UTC 2015

Alcon;

Keep in mind OWASP has a cluster cluster of full time staff in USA in New
Jersey and New York City and a short train ride from Maryland/Virginia.

- Noreen
- Kelly
- Kate
- Claudia - *new* project manager
- Dawn - dedicated NJ Chapter paid admin

I would recommend a New Jersey Summit!!

International airport (Newark Airport) we could rent a hotel space (cashing
in all those Hilton Points OWASP has and does not use) for this property
http://m.hilton.com/mt/www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-newark-airport-EWRAHHH/index.html

It's affordable and easy to get to from airport with included shuttle next
to airport for 5 days if needed.  The proximity to New York City is a
quick train ride.  It's in the middle of a Amtrak route from Washington DC
to Boston train too.

If you break summit to code projects/document projects summit that would be
helpful.  Projects that have budget would send a representative.  Projects
without budge would be funded by OWASP/OWASP Chapters

** I am sure there are other great and easy access locations around the
world. this should just be considered as one of them to minimize cost and
maximize exposure for attendees in the USA.

NJ chapter would also spend $10k of it's chapter budget to make it happen
in 2016

On Sunday, June 28, 2015, Seba <seba at owasp.org

--
Tom Brennan