[Owasp-leaders] Request for OWASP board to approves 100K for a project Summit in 2016

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sat Jun 27 15:19:07 UTC 2015

hi Johanna, all

We organized this as a 2 day event:
Day 1 was a "user day" with invited speakers, round tables & samm training.
For this we asked 150 EUR to cover the venue/catering costs.
Day 2 was the project day with the project volunteers discussing the
project progress and working on deliverables.
In total we had about 30 people & had a great event, more details here
http://www.opensamm.org/2015/04/opensamm-summit-dublin-outcome/

We had some help from Eoin & the Dublin chapter to find/organize the
venue/social event.
The rest was put together with the project team.

We are planning for SAMM summits in autumn in NY and end of March in Europe.

If the other flagship project leaders are game, we can replicate this model
and scale up the SAMM summit next year to include all the flagship projects
and create a fantastic OWASP Summit ?

regards

Seba