[Owasp-leaders] Request for OWASP board to approves 100K for a project Summit in 2016

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Sat Jun 27 14:18:08 UTC 2015

I'd suggest current project sponsors are asked if they would like to sponsor a project summit. They could possibly Cover the costs for the lead team members to attend?

I don't think delegates should have to pay to attend the summit if they are actively contributing but other delegates may wish to attend just to network or for fun; they could pay their own way.

I'd suggest project summit sponsors get the ability to promote their involvement and demonstrate their commitment to OWASP and what the summit is trying the achieve.

Depending on the geographical split of project leaders, this would determine the location of the event.

Chapters could also contribute to send individuals (this was done before) to the summit.

Now we have some staff they could orchestrate but I don't believe they have the bandwidth to take ownership 100%
Sponsorship could also include donating time of a sponsors staff to help organise the event?

Eoin Keary
OWASP Volunteer
@eoinkeary