[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] [Owasp-board] IAB Statement on the Trade in Security Technologies

McGovern, James james.mcgovern at hp.com
Sun Jun 21 23:23:09 UTC 2015

Jim, while you are going to the board for legal clarification, please inquire:

1. 501c3 is a US thing. Can we influence non-US government and still comply?
2. Understanding the US political issues sometimes will put us on a partisan path. For example, in CT I have commented in the past in a political context on why smart guns are just plain stupid. This particular issue leans more conservative/libertarian than it does Liberal. Therefore, we must attempt to understand the flow of politics on any given Sunday.
3. Maybe we could somehow solve this by having a policy that encourages legislators of all parties to reach out to their local chapter leader for an informed opinion.