[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] IAB Statement on the Trade in Security Technologies

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Jun 20 19:28:26 UTC 2015

One more note. I think this message is spot on and very important. I personally agree with it 1000%. I am not at all trying to stop folks from pushing this message to all corners of the earth.

What I saying is that this message as an official message of the OWASP foundation is on the edge of trying to influence legislation and we should proceed with caution.

One more note. As someone who talks often I know first hand that talk is cheap. It nice to express dissatisfaction but such things are easy and provide minimal weight.

If we really want to make a statement, I suggest again that we follow in the footsteps of those who say little but do more. Our conferences serve thousands, our projects serve 10's of thousands and our documents serve millions. •••I think funding projects and documents that help those build truly secure solutions are actions of OWASP at is best and I for one would like to see OWASP do more in that direction.•••

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
appsecusa.com