[Owasp-leaders] Community Engagement Funding (for projects)

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Thu Jun 4 18:58:52 UTC 2015

Hi Dinis, All:

The programs are similar but vary in the source of their funding sources.

If I read GSD project rules, the source of the funding was to be from
'Sponsors', either well funded Chapters, from Members, or 3rd party Donors.

For the Community Engagement Program the source of the funds is from the
OWASP Foundation, and it is specifically targeted at those Chapters &
Projects with 'no' or very small allocated budgets.   Requests for these
funds come to my attention and I approve the requests based on the rules
highlighted on the Community Engagement page of the Wiki.

Either way the goal is the same.  We want the OWASP community to know that
opportunities abound and various funding methods are available to "Get
Stuff Done".

Cheers, Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director